ActiveWallStreet.com makes no guarantee of confidentiality or Privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the Site or any web site linked to the Site. We will not be liable for the Privacy of such information.
- Collection of your information
- Security of your information
- How we use the information you give us
- How we use information gathered from Site Usage
- Disclosure of your information
- How and when you can “Opt in” to receive communication and how to “Opt out”
- How to access, correct and update your information
- What else you should know about Privacy
- How to Contact us
2. Collection of your information
When ActiveWallStreet.com collects your information via the Internet, membership (in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of Membership), competitions, surveys, questionnaires, and any other media we use to collect your information, we will inform you of how the information will be used and disclosed. In all cases, your information will be held in accordance with all applicable privacy laws, industry codes, and policies.
“Cookies” are pieces of information that we may transfer to User hard-drives for record-keeping purposes. We may place Cookies with the Users visiting from advertising banners and hyperlinks on other web sites in order to track the success of a particular advertising campaign or marketing program.
2c. Usage of the Information
We may use your information to facilitate order processing, developing enhancements to the Site, marketing and promotions purposes and evaluating Site usage by analyzing usage data. The Site may also contain optional surveys and questionnaires asking for information, comments and suggestions as well as opportunities for you to ask questions. We use the information you provide to help us design and build a better Site and products suited to your needs, to customize your experience, and to provide better advice and recommendations.
2d. Sensitive Information
ActiveWallStreet.com will not collect sensitive information about you, which may reveal specific personal preferences or traits (including, for example, ethnic origin, political or religious views, philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation). However, when signing the Terms & Conditions of Membership you may be required to provide information regarding you financial status (general figures) and your investment experience. This information will be held in the highest confidence.
The types of information that we generally collect from you will depend on the purpose for which you are providing your information. The information that we may collect will be gathered from what you choose to provide to us and, in the case of the Internet, from what we track through your use of the Site.
3. Security of your information
ActiveWallStreet.com takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorized persons for legitimate purposes.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. While we strive to protect your information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee the security of the passage of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we take all reasonable steps to ensure its security. Furthermore, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is securely destroyed or de-identified when it is no longer needed for any purpose for which it was collected.
4. How we use the information you give us
We use your information for a number of purposes:
Identity confirmation: In establishing you as a User on our Site Forum(s) and/or Public Communications, we will require information to securely confirm your identity.
Contact details: If you become a member, we will use your name, e-mail address, and phone number to send you the alerts in the ActiveWallStreet.com SMS, Newsletter and other such information in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of Membership. If you are not a member, we will use your details for identification purposes only. Other information: When you sign up for membership under the Terms & Conditions of Membership we may ask you for information regarding your financial situation, as well as your brokerage account(s), and your investment experience. This information will be used to ensure that you can participate fully in our services, and that our communications are tailored to your needs and interests.
We will not contact you with details of offers and activities, even when we believe these may be of interest to you based on the information you have provided to us.
We do not rent, share, or sell email lists to third parties for their promotional purposes. We may send you email to notify you about your recent order or if you have signed up to receive email alerts from us.
5. How we use the information gathered from Site Usage
We reserve the right to record information that we access automatically, whether through bots, software, hardware, or other recording mechanisms installed on our site, particularly for assessing what areas of activity you participate in when you browse our site and where you have come into the site from. Personally identifiable characteristics are removed and users remain anonymous, unless they have given us prior specific consent to recognize their usage.
The purpose of gathering this information is to monitor and improve our site and the services that we provide to you. We extensively use the general data from all individual users for analysis purposes (specifically regarding web trends and web usage). This information may be shared with third parties for the purpose of examining general web and Internet trends, demographics, and for measuring our site’s performance.
We reserve the right to use and disclose this information or data for purposes other than the primary purposes specified herein, where you would reasonably expect us to use this information for that other purpose, and where that other purpose is related to the primary purpose. You hereby release us from the requirement to obtain your express consent.
6. Disclosure of your information
The information we collect from you is held in accordance with all applicable privacy laws, industry codes, standards and policies. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass that information on to any third party for marketing purposes.
However, we reserve the right to contract with third party organizations to administer and manage the data we collect. These organizations are required to keep all information confidential, and are subject to a binding agreement with us, which imposes equivalent restrictions regarding the handling of the information. Subject to the exceptions below, if we wish to use or disclose any of your information or data for any purpose other than those specified to you herein, we will not do so unless:
We have notified you of the organization(s) that will be receiving the data; and
You have explicitly given us permission to do so by opting to receive third party offers or information or marketing materials when you registered on this site or at any subsequent point after registration.
6a. Exceptions to our Non-Disclosure policy
In certain circumstances, we may disclose or use your information for a purpose (“new purpose”) other than the primary purpose which is specified to you at the time of collection. This will occur under the following circumstances:
- You would reasonably expect us to disclose the information for the new purpose;
- The new purpose we intend to use your information for is related to the primary purpose that we initially disclosed to you on collection of the information; and
- You have waived your consent, as specified above.
- There are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent serious and imminent threat to life or health;
- There is reason to suspect that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and your information will be used or disclosed to investigate that suspected activity; or
- The use or disclosure of the information is authorized or required by law or where we reasonably believe that it is reasonably necessary to ensure the law or prevent a criminal offense from being committed.
7. How and when you can “Opt in” to receive communication and how to “Opt out”
We provide you with an express opportunity to make a request to receive marketing communications and other notifications from us, via an “opt-in” mechanism. You may opt in when you register on our site. You may also opt in at any time after that by contacting us by email at email@example.com and notifying us that you wish to receive further communications and other notifications from us.
Unless you have opted in, you will not receive any further communications from us. However, if you have opted in, and wish to opt out, we provide you with an express opportunity to decline receiving further communications and notifications from us through the “opt out” mechanism. You may opt out at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and notifying us that you do not wish to receive further communications from us. If you would like your information to be removed from our systems, please contact us via email email@example.com
8. How to access, correct, and update your information
You will have access to your information through the login process, by clicking the “view profile” link. We reserve the right to decline to correct or update information about you where:
Providing access would be:
- likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity,
- likely to prejudice law enforcement activities, or
- Denying access is specifically authorized by applicable laws; or
- Your request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- Your request is for access to information that is not your own; or
- Providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of another or other individual(s); or
- Providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations that are underway with you in such a way as to prejudice the negotiations; or
- Providing access would reveal evaluative information generated by us in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process.
- If we decline your access to information or refuse to update/correct your information, we will provide you with the reason(s) for our decision.
9. What else you should know about Privacy
It is your responsibility to exercise reasonable care when accessing or providing information, and when logging into your account, especially where you share a computer with another person or persons or if you are using a computer in a public place (such as a library, internet café, etc.). You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
10. How to Contact us